Friday 11 February 2011

Week 6 Challenge - 'That's Amore!'

It's Friday so time for another Polkadoodle challenge! This week I (Miria) am your hostess and my theme is That's Amore! - I ask you to create a project related to a love song or a romance film.

Before I show the Design Team creations, the top three from challenge 4 which was Tracies Party Time theme are:

First Place: Kate
Second Place: Katie Oakley
Third Place: Claire

Congratulations! Please email Nikky with your place number and challenge 4 in the subject header.

If you are in or near Skipton, North Yorkshire tomorrow (Saturday 12 February), Nikky is demonstrating at Embsay Crafts between 11am and 4pm. You never know, you just may see some of her Design Team there!!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Right, back to the eye candy!

Miria: My card is inspired to Love Story, a film that I loved so much when I was a teenager lol! I made an easel card using colour stampies and papers from Sundae of Seasons. The quote and the title are computer generated and buttons and lace from stash.


Put on your thinking cap and if you are stuck for inspiration, just have a look at my teamies' fab creations!

Enfys: My card was inspired by the song 'You're Still the One' by Shania Twain. I used papers and elements from the Love and Cherish CD (one of my all time favourites, so romantic and pretty), and simply matted them onto black, added a bit of doodling, inking, glitter and a charm and I was done


Ruth: I've gone for 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' by Deep Blue Something as I've never actually seen the film! I've used the very fab Recipe For A Great Day template from Paper Boutique Vol 3, layered it up with foam pads, added two sparkly brads, some ribbon and a bit of glitter glue here and there!


Fliss - My easel card was inspired by The Beatles' song 'All You Need Is Love' and as you can see it has plenty of that. I decided on a pink and chocolate brown colour scheme and the gorgeous owls and love themed paper came from the Love and Cherish CD. The polka dot paper is from the Sundae of Seasons CD and all I added was some punching with a Martha Stewart punch and a heart shaped jewel stopper.


D'Anne - Welcome Friends! My card was inspired by the song 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers' by Barbra Streisand. The recipient of this card will receive a wheel barrow of flowers. The digital papers and elements are from the Spring collection on the Sundae of Season CD.


Saskia - Something sweet and yummy while enjoying 'Pretty in Pink'!! Papers are from the Sugar Birdies Collector's Edition cd-rom.


Audrey For this project I used Sundae Of Seasons CD for everything polka dots. I printed out the images twice to give them some definition and used Glossy Accents on all the polka dots to make it look like there are raindrops on them.


Colette - For this project I have used the owl, papers and flowers from the Sugar Birdies Collector’s Edition CD Rom. The sentiment is computer generated and buttons are from stash. Now I must apologise for this next part in advance but here goes, the song I've used is 'Owl always love you' by the fabulous (oh nooo, here it comes) ...........T-wit-ney T-whoo-ston, sorry I just couldn't resist LOL!


Tracie : My card this weeks was inspired by the song "Why a caged bird sings" I used the beautiful birdcage from the New Paper Boutique 3 - Projects Galore CD


Lis-m: I have made a quick and easy card this week featuring the Sundae of Seasons cd. My inspiration was 'Bee my Baby' by the Ronettes, as featured in Dirty Dancing..! The bees and hive are from the summer part of the cd and the yummy lemon ditsy print paper is from the greens section on the papers. Raffia bow to finish!


Dee: I have to say, this challenge had me a bit stumped. I really couldn't think of a love song or film that I could make a project for. The more I tried the more I couldn't think, well I am getting older now, lol. I did however finally think of one so my card is 'two hearts beat as one'. It is an overload of pink though, it would have to go to a fan of the colour. I over-stamped the hearts and the main backing paper with some lovey-dovey stamps I had, in for a penny in for a pound I went the whole hog on this card. All the papers and elements are from the Love and Cherish CD. I added clear dewdrops and some ribbon, all of which can be found on the Polka Doodles website.


Lou: Not a "love song" sort of person so struggled to think of a lovey dovey song that I liked and having no working printer at the moment fustrated me further! Well after looking through my "toones" on the computer, finally decided on "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Gardens. I have used the ever so versatile barocque style stamp from the "Daisy Doodles" collection to create all my detail; the border strips & the lickle toppers. A little embossing, velvet ribbon and shocking pink vellum add a touch of texture to the card along with some gems and metal staples (used as hangers)! Decorative edges created with a Martha Stewart punch.




Deadline for the challenge is Sunday 20 February at 12noon GMT and please remember to follow our little rules! Good luck!

*****



3 comments:

  1. Wow Girls !! These are awesome cards !! All of them are super cute especially, Ruth's, Dannes and Lou's. Thank you so much for inspiring us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikky I have left you an award on my blog. Your blog is sooooo fantastic Thank you

    Pamxx

    http://hookedonkrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. IĆ¢€™ve recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

    cheap nolvadex

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!