Friday 28 January 2011

Week 4 Challenge - Party Time

Hi its Tracie here - it's time for another challenge at Polka Doodles this week, but before I give you the details here are the top three from Nikky's sketch and colour theme challenge:

First Place: Debbie Johns
Second Place: Josie
Third Place: Stamper Sue

Congratulations! Please email Nikky with 'Week 2 Challenge' in the subject field for further details and your blinkies!

Before we get onto this week's challenge just a quick reminder that you can see Nikky on Create and Craft on Saturday 29th at 11am and 3pm - she has some fabulous new stamps and fantastic colouring techniques to show you and will also be showcasing the latest Polka Doodles CD, Paper Boutique 3 - you will LOVE her demo's! Also, for those of you nearby, you can also catch Nikky at a special demo day at Embsay Crafts in Skipton, North Yorkshire on Saturday 12th Feb, 10 - 3pm - hope you can make it along on the day, Embsay is a great shop and Skipton is lovely to visit!

Ok, onto this week's challenge. Firstly, we have a few little rules that make life a lot easier for the Design Team when we come visiting your blogs - please ensure you do the following, we have lots of blogs to visit and it's so time consuming sometimes, you can really help us which means we will leave more comments!

1. Please follow the challenge!! So many of you forget to do this and it means great work goes unconsidered!
2. Only enter your creation in a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles.
3. Please please link your blog post with the blue frog NOT your blog address as we cannot always find our way around your blogs and can't find the project you're entering!!
4. Please do not back link to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our voting for the top three!

We are in the party mood this week at Polka Doodles - on Sunday I am throwing a joint birthday party for my 5 yr old and 3 yr old (eeeek!) so this week we would like to see your projects with a party theme. So get out the bubbly, chuck on some party tunes and get in the party spirit. The challenge is open until Sunday 6 February at 12noon GMT - please enter via the blue frog at the bottom of this post.

D'Anne The party is started here at Polkadoodles. I created a Birthday card to share with you. The Fancy Star Cake digital element and coordinating digital papers used to create this card are from the Paper Boutique Vol 1 CD. To give the cake a layered look I printed the Fancy Star Cake digital element out three times. I raised each cut layers with pop-dots. I then added Liquid Appliqué and some glitter to give the appearance of creamy delicious icing. Remember, Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. Enjoy!

Emma Hiya, yeah a party theme! I just love them,so I have made some invitations using the All Around and Everywhere CD to celebrate in style. Parties to me are about cakes and bright decorations like my favourite bunting - this CD has them all and the best thing is, I didn't have to colour any of them as they are already coloured and matched perfectly. All the papers and images are on the CD, the sentiment is from Sensational Sentiments stamp plate, finally, I added some Stickles for sparkle.

Tracie: I killed two birds with one stone for my challenge this year and made some bits and pieces for the party. I have used the collectors edition section of Sugar Birdies and scallop and circle punches to make this party set of thank you headers (these will be put on sweetie bags) and book marks for the sweetie bags. I also made cupcake flags but the cakes are still baking - so check my blog later today for pics of them.


Claire I have used the great Cupcake template from Paper Boutique Volume 1 to create my party card. I have added the alphas with fancy wires, velvet brads for my cupcake case spots and some sticky gems to the band.

Align Left

Audrey ...For this Birthday Gift Holder I used the All Around And Everywhere CD for the paper, the cupcake and the Happy Birthday. I love that you can pick a tag and then type the text that you would like to go on it. I inked all the edges of the paper with Soft Suede and I added dots around the cupcake. I rounded all the corners to make it look a little bit softer and I also used 3D Dots for the cupcake and the Happy Birthday.

Saskia - A happy card for a happy party!! Oooh... these owls are so cute! And this card is so easy to make!! You can find all those lovely flowers, owls and papers at the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition cd-rom! Just give it a try!

Dee: I've used one of the cute little house rubber stamps for my card. The hearts on the roof made me think of bunting, and the dragonflies are just arriving for the party. I coloured the image in with PoMarkers, I used scallop square nesties which I punched holes in and threaded through some lush lemondrop twine. The blue backing paper is from Paper Boutique Vol III cd. I punched the designs down the sides of the card with Martha Stewart's scallop 2 holes border punch. I added some printed ribbon from my stash and chipboard letters. I couldn't find the right colour buttons so I coloured white pearl ones with a promarker pen.

Miria -This week my creation is a very girlish one but it's just ... a piece of cake to make it! The papers and the template are from Love&Cherish and the image, coloured with waterpencils, and the sentiment are from the gorgeous new Paper Boutique III, the laces are from my stash.
Colette: I think the party mood went to my head this week and I probably went a bit overboard! Using lots of images from the new Paper Boutique III CD Rom and paper from Sundae of Seasons, I made a heap of party goodies - a cutlery holder, gift bag (made using an A5 envelope), lollipop cover, wrappers for a chocolate bar and tube of sweets, a treat bag topper, pin the tail on the elephant game, tic, tac, toe game and a memory card game (pairs).



Ruth: I love parties and my two boys have their Birthday's a week apart so we have joint parties too! I've used the brand new cd Paper Boutique Vol 3 for inspiration - this is the A5 space rocket with a few extras from my stash added. The planet in the background boings around too!

Fliss: I have a rather girly card too in pink with some zesty lime for a great contrast. I think this one is suitable for any age and all the papers and elements including the gorgeous little party owl come from Nikky's recent Collectors Edition of the Sugar Birdies CD. I've used lots of layers and my only addition was a matching layered flower.
Cheryl: I have used the cake coloured with pencils,and used some pearl paints for the icing. All the papers, image and sentiments are from the Sundae of Seasons cd.

Lou: I have also used one of the new Little House rubber stamps for my card. I have embossed vellum with a Sizzex folder and then restamped the image as I wanted some more ! All images coloured with my promarkers and white gel pen highlights. The sentiment has been hand written.

Good luck! The challenge is open until Sunday 6 February at 12noon GMT!!
****


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These DT projects are all awesome, fabulous, gorgeous! I love them all, and so inspiring!
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [29 Jan 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched the show on C&C, some beautiful things there, and of course all the cards of the dt live, wow what a selection. Well done everyone.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a nice one girls, dt cards are sweet. Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sky + failed to record your show on C&C...but the little I saw looked brilliant. Do you know if they will be repeating them soon? I really wanted to see the demo Nicky did with the grey promarkers.

    Perhaps she could do a tutorial here on the blog? Please?

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL of the Dt's projects are amazing, but I LOVE Ruth's 3D rocket!! How adorable, and what boy wouldn't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


    Free Digital Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!