Friday 7 January 2011

Week 1 Challenge - A Wish for the New Year

Well hello there, it is Emma here, and I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year from all of us here at Polkadoodles.

It is my pleasure to introduce the first challenge of 2011, yes 2011, which also happens to be my first time setting the theme of our challenge at Polkadoodles.

For many of us, the New Year holds a tradition to make wishes for ourselves and our loved ones that reflect our hopes and dreams for the future. I thought it would be a sweet idea to record at least one of those wishes in our craft. So, that is the theme of this weeks challenge - A wish for the New Year.
You can interpret the wish anyway you please, you can make a wish for yourself or someone you love, perhaps good luck, good health, happiness or hope, the wish is yours to make. As a special welcome to 2011, the winner of this challenge will receive a copy of the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD which has just been released...so make sure you get your entries in, it's such a fabulous CD!

Please remember when you enter our challenge, that the maximum number of challenges you can enter with your Polkadoodles challenge entry is ten.

Before we move onto our Design team's inspiration, I would like to announce the winners of our last challenge. The top three from Challenge 50 which was the Age Related theme are:

First Place: Julie B
Second Place: Lesley
Third Place: Claire

Congratulations! Please email Nikky with 'Challenge 50 top three' in the subject field for further details. Please be patient as Nikky is quite busy at the moment so if there is a delay in her responding, you know why!

Our Guest designer for this week is Cheryl. Cheryl has made a Wish for Happiness in her gorgeous creation. She has used papers, image and sentiment from the All Around and Everywhere CD. The image was coloured with Prisma Pencils and then she added gems and flowers from her stash and some Doodle Dewdrops too.



Ruth:
I've decided to celebrate cakes, and why not! This delightful cupcake is taken from the brand new Paper Boutique Vol3 cd which is launched tomorrow on Create and Craft (details above) I've printed the A5 coloured template and simply layered it all together adding glitter glue here and there! The front and rear of the card are held together by a concertina tab at the bottom of the cupcake and the closure is the ribbon threaded through the top of the cake. The cake also comes in pink!



D'Anne - Hello, new DT here. For my card today, I've used Sundae of Seasons for the printable candles and All Around and Everywhere 'Bright and Beautiful' papers for my layout. Instead of using the word Wish, you could used Love, Peace, Bloom or Grow. I hope your New Year's celebration was ultra-fantastic! CHEERS to you all!!


Saskia-I adore my little family! I wish a year full of 'special times' together with my son and hubby! I made this quick and simple (but sooo cute!) card with images and papers from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition cd-rom.


Lis-m A New Year marks the beginning of new things, a time to make changes perhaps, like moving home... Since I am in love with the new house stamps I decided on a "Good luck in your new home" card. The papers are from Sugar Birdies I just love how all the colours just work so well together. The house, of course is coloured with Promarkers.


Claire My family and friends are busy with Birthdays in January..... so my project is a Birthday wish. Using the fabulous new paper boutique cd by Nikki. Pop by Create and Craft on Saturday to check it out!


Miria My card is a way to wish you Happy New Year; the coloured stampie and the sentiment are from Sundae of seasons, the papers and the alphies are from Not for girls (the year is a male!). Then I added some dew drops and a ribbon and a button from my stash.


Colette My wish covers just about everything, using a little poem that I made up myself (I'm not the Poet Laureate, so don't expect much LOL!) I used not so plain plains in Villa from the Not For Girls CD for my background, and randomly stamped with the dandelion from the fabulous Garden Neighbours stamp set, I also used the same stamp on white card. The first part of the poem is revealed on the tag, when you pull it up, and the second part is under the slider section. The sentiment is also my own, made to go with the rest of the design.



Emma Hi there, I, like you did a bit of reflecting at New Year and I made many wishes for the future. I chose three wishes that I hoped for most and put those into a wall hanging to go in my art room. A daily reminder that I should and perhaps must make decisions that pave a way for my wishes to come true. I used paper from the Sundae of Seasons CD as a background, Martha Stewart deep edge punch to make the fancy corners and trim, Prima Pearls to embellish. I hand wrote my wishes and sealed them with Rangers Glossy Accents behind glass. I accented with ring pulls and Rangers Stickles in Platinum. I beaded some chain to make the hanger.


Jenny I've made an 8"x8" card full of wishes for the recipient! The stars came from the wonderful Sundae of Seasons CD & some are layered on 3D foam to add dimension. The 'wishes' sentiment comes from Back to Nature. I've doodled a border with the Promarker Fine Liner pen.


Tracie: I used Paper Boutique 2: Creative Christmas and The Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition to create my take away box full of wishes. As my sister has just announced her wedding date I have filled the fortune cookies with the wishes for health, wealth, fertility, longevity and happiness, The flowers were coloured with promarkers and finished with a tiny pearl


Fliss: My wish is for those going on to new pastures this year one of whom is my elder daughter in her final year of her Japanese studies degree. I have a little preview for you as I've used one of the fabulous templates from Paper Boutique Volume 3 which is being launched by Nikky on Create and Craft tomorrow. I've altered Ditsy Daisy a little to show her versatility and used quite a few different colouring and decorating techniques - please pop over to my blog for full details. I've used papers from the new CD and Sundae of Seasons which is also where her wings come from.


Lou: My wish for this year is to always be "So Thankful" for all that I have; all the people I know (family, friends & work colleagues) . . . really to always be thankful even when times are hard. I have used papers from the "All Around and Everywhere" CD and all the topper elements, including sentiment is from the Spring section on the "Sundae of Seasons" CD. I have further embellished the card with sewing paraphernalia - buttons, threads, bias binding as my ribbon, wonder web for the bow and several pins!


Good luck with the challenge! It is open until Sunday 16 January at 12noon GMT. Please remember that the limit is 10 for the number of challenge that you can combine including the Polkadoodle challenge.
*******



4 comments:

  1. Thank you girls, nice one. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [08 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Love the DT cards as always, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya there,

    How are you all?

    Great Dt cards, great Wishes too!Fab how all your Dt interpet the theme so well but unique to each other we all have wishes & are all unique crafters!

    My wish fot the New Year is -

    To take time to "REFLECT" on all that is around me & learn to relax as well as appreciate what is around me.

    My card shows a lady deep in thought & her reflection represents her thoughtful need to consider her options.
    Thank you

    Hope you like it?

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!