Friday 10 December 2010

Week 49 Challenge - Project To Hold A Gift

*PLEASE NOTE: We will not leave comments or include entries which do not follow our challenge rules! Please ensure you follow the challenge instructions and do NOT enter more than 10 challenges!*

Hello, it's Dee here for this weeks post and challenge. Christmas is getting closer and I'm getting very excited, how about you?

This weeks challenge is to make a project that holds a gift. It can be for any occasion, so get those creative juices flowing and show us what you can come up with. The deadline for entries is Sunday 19 December at 12noon GMT - please remember to follow the challenge, no backlinking to previous projects or entries and no more than 10 challenges to be entered.

Before we share all the inspirational projects from the Design Team this week we need to announce the winners from the 'Twas the night before Christmas' challenge:

First Place: Scripper Scrapper
Second Place: Princess4Wiz
Third Place: Jennifer Rose

Congratulations! Please e-mail Nikky for further details!

Our guest designer this week is the lovely Audrey, and I hope you agree with me when I say she's done a fabulous job with her gift boxes.

Audrey - I used the Sundae of Seasons CD for the super cute polka dot paper and the sentiments. I used 3D dots on the buttons for some dimension and inked the edges of the paper as well.


Saskia : What about a (recycled) box, filled with a lovely presents and delicious Belgian chocolate?! I used the papers and images from the Sundae Of Seasons cd-rom and added some ribbon from my stash.



Enfys: I made a little tag book/card for my daughter out of flattened loo rolls covered in various papers from Sundae of Seasons winter collection, and bound with my bind-it-all. The tags were cut with my Cricut.

each tag bears a coffee related message.......all printed out from the CD

and the last tag has a Starbucks gift voucher. A nice little stocking stuffer!

Ruth: I've made a little holder with a surpise inside! I've used a sheet of 12x12 brown card cut down to size with ribbon from my stash. The image is from Paper Boutique - Creative Christmas Vol 2 with added glitter to the cookies and marshmallows. The Nestabilities dies add depth to the image. To see what is inside, visit my blog!

Jenny I've made the tiny takeout gift box from Creative Christmas and decorated it with elements from Love and Cherish. As the little bird (robin?) was already pre-coloured pink I've opted to make the whole thing pink and girlie and coloured my poinsettia Chrimbo Doodles stamped images with Magenta ProMarker. I've tied the top with ribbon so it can be hung on the tree!


Colette I've made a card that has a little box "built in" to the side,(the whole thing is made with one sheet of card), The box can hold sweets or, as I have done, chocolate bars. Papers and flowers come from the Sugar Birdies CD Rom


Brenda - I have created a box and matching gift card which has a pocket inside. Paper is from Sundae of Seasons CD and the greeting from Jingle Jangle Christmas stamp set. Flowers are leaves are punched and pearls to embellish.


Miria This is my first DT project and I'm so thrilled to join such a great team! My creation is a chocolate box; I used the icicle box template from Love and Cherish cd, the papers and the black and white stampie are from Sundae of seasons cd,I coloured the image with watercolour pencils and ProMarkers. The sentiment is a Polkadoodle stamp that you can find here. The buttons are from my stash.


Dee: I've made a Christmas cracker for my project. I've filled it with jelly beans, but you could put what ever you like in it as long as it fits. All the papers and elements are from Jingle Jangles CD. I just love all the whimsical artwork on it. I added red polka dot and gingham ribbon and used a Martha Stewart punch. I resisted the urge to smother it in glitter, I may yet change my mind though.


Emma Hello all, I have made a batch of giftbags to have on standby to hold some of my handmade Christmas goodies. The paper was from Jingle Jangle Christmas cd rom, the stamps are the Fairy Babsie and the gifts she holds are from the Christmas Doodles stamp plate, the sentiment is from the Sensational Sentiments stamp plate(due in stock soon). Coloured with ProMarkers and highlighted with Stickles, all to be found in Polka Doodles shop.


Tracy - I have made a gift box using the Paper Boutique Creative Christmas, the paper and the sentiment is from the same CD. The poinsettia is from the Crimbo Doodles stamp set.


Fliss: I have made a handbag style gift box from the gorgeous Elegant Bag section of the Paper Boutique Volume 1 CD as my younger daughter loves handbags and the beautiful paper from the collection which I printed it out onto is a favourite colour of hers. As she's not keen on fussy things, I simply added a pretty carved button as an embellishment. I'll be filling it with her favourite chocs as a small Christmas gift.


Lis-m: I decided to create a tea-light holder card, but in an easel style. I used Sundae of Seasons cd for my papers and my little angel girl. In fact, I think the sentiment is from there too. I love candles and tea-lights at any time of year, but I think at Christmas they have that extra twinkle!


Tracie: I made a  holder for those little plastic gift cards for those "hard to buy for".  I used Jingle Jangle for all the elements for this quick and easy make



Claire My project to hold a gift is a folder and notecards. I have used imagery and papers from the Back to nature cd and also the Sundae of Seasons cd. A quick project and a great gift that I think most folk would appreciate!


Good luck! The deadline for entries is Sunday 19 December at 12noon GMT, please link up your project with the widget below, remembering our rules!

****




2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DT cards and projects x
    Lots of inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!