Friday 15 October 2010

Week 41 Challenge - Something Spooky

It's Friday again so that can only mean that it is time for another Polkadoodle Challenge! I (Ruth) am your hostess this week so I've picked the challenge theme which is:

Something Spoooooooky!

You don't have to create a card for this challenge - it can be anything as long as it is spooky! And if inspiration is not quite hitting you, look further down this post for the fantastic projects the Design Team have created this week - they really have done me proud!

We've all used either the Autumn element from the new cd Sundae of Seasons or parts from the Halloween download, so if you like what you see, pop over to the Polkadoodle shop and make your purchase!

Before I show the Design Team samples for this week, I need to announce the winners from Challenge 39 which was Dee's Fancy or Interesting Folding:

First Place: Janet Lynne
Second Place: Julie J
Third Place: Claire

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for further details!

If you decide to enter our challenge this week please remember that the maximum number of challenges that can be combined with this is 9 (this one making it 10). We get an awful lot of entries week in week out that the Design Team cannot count when voting for our top three - so if you want to be in with a chance of getting a top three blinkie please abide by the little rule!

The deadline for this challenge is Sunday 24 October at 12noon GMT.

Ruth: I have a thing for bookmarks at the moment - they are great, quick and easy to make and I love it! I've used two of the pre-coloured images from Sundae of Seasons, added them to a coffin shaped backing, added some 'drippy goo' punches strips (thanks Lis!!) and finally doodled a line around the edges with a white gel pen.

Enfys: I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of this little witch this week - she must be the cutest little witch ever! I used a Krylon spray to randomly add texture onto white cardstock for a spooky background, the witch and pumpkins are from the Sundae of Seasons CD, and the sentiment is from the Halloween download. The pumpkins were given a coat of glossy accents - any excuse for me to use that stuff!


Lou: I have used a mixture of the Halloween download and the fab digi images found on the Sundae of Seasons CD. Lots of layering and have created a concertina effect with some acetate to add some interest to the spider. The plain colored card was created by printing onto white linen effect card using the fab plain effect papers from the Not for Girls CD - I know I added another CD to the mix! I must also mention the green pom pom ribbon . . . I have saved this from a Christmas card Nikki sent me last year . . . it was too yummy to waste!


Brenda - Another from the Halloween section of the new Sundaes of Seasons CD, don't you just love the witch? I enlarged and printed out some spooky trees onto an A4 piece of cardstock, then decoupaged the witch, toadstools and leaves to make a scene. Created an arched window from acetate and added a couple of dangling spiders.


Tracie: I have made a Halloween 3 in a Row game using the halloween download bundle and the cute little characters from Sundae of Seasons. The people are magnetic so attach to the board.



lis-m . I love Halloween and these papers were wonderful to work with. I have used the Polkadoodles Witchypoo download for the backing papers and sentiment and Sundae of Seasons for the pumpkins and the lil witch. So cute!


Claire I have used the template - Dees double Diamond for my card base - great shape and really easy to work with. I have used elements from the Sundae of Seasons CD along with some glimmer mist for added sparkle....


Tracy - I have used the Halloween download for my backing papers, then everything else has come from the Sundae Of Seasons CD-Rom. I have re-sized my vampire and witch to fit my peak stepper card. Then just added a bit of glitter and some ribbon.


Fliss: Bit of a spooky one here as I've managed to use some of the same elements as Tracy. My backing paper and the sentiment are from the Halloween Download Bundle and all the other elements from the Sundae of Seasons Autumn Collection. A little grunging up was done and all details are on my blog.


Emma I have made a spooky fun star shaped pop-up card, all the elements are from the Sundae of Seasons CD. When folded down this card says trick, when released the whole thing pops open and reveals the cutest witch around and the words treat.



Nikky: I made this little easel card using the Sundae of Seasons CD, I love Halloween, I'm already planning what my pumpkins will be and have my sweets at the ready...problem is I've already scoffed half of them! Oops! But I do love the Autumn section on the CD and I just had to use it...

Jenny My spooky project this week is three little cauldron table decorations...I've recycled some yoghurt pots and added some elements from Sundae Of Seasons. They were then ready to fill with some choccies!

Lisa - This week I made a Halloween tag using the "spooky" spider web background and the adorable Ghostie Jack image from the Halloween download bundle. So SPOOKY and so CUTE!!


Good luck! Please remember the 10 challenge rule and the deadline is Sunday 24 October at 12noon GMT. Add your entries with the blue frog below!

******

3 comments:

  1. oh wow just love what you have all created this week,just awesome,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun challenge for this time of year. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an great challenge
    i've just linked my coffin box
    on my blog you can see it open
    thanks for the challenge
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!