Friday 23 April 2010

Week 16 Challenge - Monochromatic

Today sees the launch of a brand new Polkadoodle CD - All Around and Everywhere which is being showcased on Create and Craft at 10am this morning! And this week the Design Team have used (in abundance) papers and elements from the new cd! If you've not managed to catch the show you've missed a real treat as this is another stunning cd from Nikky! We could go on about it, but make your own mind up - just look at the DT samples for this weeks challenge!

Before we show the samples for this weeks challenge, we need to announce the winners from week 14 which was the Wedding theme set by Kerry.

First Place: Joanna
Second Place: Lisa C
Third Place: Farrah

Congratulations! Please contact Nikky for further details and your blinkies! We can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's challenge.

It's Nettie here and it's my turn again to set the theme for the week. I have chosen Monochromatic (I know a bit of a mouth full). So I would like to see cards or projects in one colour but I remember you can use as many shades of this colour as you like. The DT have been working really hard and have produced some gorgeous cards and also given you a sneeky peek of the new CD!!

Brenda - I have used the brand new Polkadoodle CD All Around and Everywhere which Nikky is launching on Create and Craft today. It was a really quick and simple card to make yet the beautiful flowers and colours allow you to really make a statement. The side border has been created with a Martha Stewart punch and the butterflies are stamped from the Meechell set of the new Fairy Flutterfly stamps and the sentiment from the Gracie set.


Enfys - Well I suppose if you are a purist mine isn't totally monochromatic, but to echo the black heart on the birdhouse, I couldn't resist a bit of black doodling. The papers and birds are from the new CD, the branch was cut with my Cricut.

Kris: I love the spring/summer colors in Nikky's brand-new-today new CD and for our challenge this week I chose the yellow/orange color. It paired perfectly with some card stock I had. I used a spotty backing paper along with one of the heart-shaped sentiment toppers, stacking flowers with button centers, and a cute little bird stampie that I tried to get close to the color of everything else.


Kate: I have used "Gracie" one of the gorgeous new fairy stamps for my card and gone for a colour which I wouldn't normally go for - Orange, the little flower stamps in the set matched so well with papers from the sugar birdies cd, I just had to use them together .The wings which are as a separate butterfly are stamped on acetate and coloured and glittered from behind .

Kerry - I've used papers from the new CD too - All Around & Everywhere. There are loads of fab papers, toppers, flowers, buttons and more..... Love the colour, a turquoise blue and just added a bit of ribbon (from the inside of a t-shirt), a few buttons and some wool for his hair.


Ruth: Ok, so its a riot of colour in a monochromatic style! Each windmill is monochromatic, just there are a few of them in different colours.....! I printed doublesided with papers from the new cd All Around and Everywhere, used a windmill template and then added some large brads for the centres all on the trusty kebab sticks! For more views have a look at my blog!



Nettie: For my card I have used one of my favourite colours Purple. I have used the Babsie Fairy Flutterfly set for my card and coloured her in using my Promarkers. I also added a tiny bit of bling.


Claire It seems we all love the flowers on the new cd and I love purple so how perfect! I have made a joy fold card with a polkadot ribbon and extra flower to secure closed for my Thank you......

Fliss: I've used purple as well as it's one of my favourite colours and there are just gorgeous mix and match papers on the new CD so I've used one of those with some of the lovely gingham flowers. The lovely fairy is Bevvieboo, one of the totally awesome new Polka Doodles clear stamp sets. I fi nished off with one of the sentiment labels and some gems.

Dee: Another Fairy Flutterby stamp from me too, this is Maggie and I just love the toadstools on this set. I masked and stamped onto light blue watercolour paper with the Denim Adirondack ink pad. I then pulled the colour from the image with a water brush, tore the edges and stamped flowers round the edge to form a frame. The polkadot paper is from All Around and Everywhere and the random dot paper which I overstamped with th e flower is from Paper Boutique. I finished it off with stickles, blue ribbon and a dragonfly brad.


Stacey - Well I am just loving the new CD and like the others I have opted to use it for this weeks challenge!!! I have gone green!!! I have used papers, flowers and sentiments and they are all found on the new CD and the shaped card is just a big scallop folded in half!!! For added embellishment I have mounted a tiny flower onto some acetate and they used a big spotty brad and some eyelets!!!
Remember you have until Sunday 2 May at 12noon GMT to enter the challenge. Please leave a direct link with Mr Linky to your creation. Good luck!
..................



14 comments:

  1. when you enter these challenges is it for fun or do you win a prize hope that don't sound greedy as i would enter anyway i just was wondering xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I have only just discovered you after seeing Nikky on telly earlier today - where have you been hiding - or maybe I should say why have I not found you before this??
    What fab products I am going to have to save up to purchase!
    Loved this Challenge and hope to take part in many more.
    Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun challenge and lovely DT samples....thought I'd give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought blue was my favorite color, but I seem to be using a lot of purple lately. Love the looks of your new CD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this monochrome challenge and well done for designing the Fairy stamps with the separate wings which can be used as butterflies. I might have to collect them all. Also enjoyed your latest TV show and am eagerly awaiting the CD.
    My card has been put into Mr Linky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge, gorgeous DT cards, hope my little bit of red is ok, if not just ignore, no probs, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for setting a great challeng, hope I have followed properly. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great DT samples...love all those fabby flowers! Thanks for doing this monochromatic challenge, I love to see cards made like that!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful samples..Wowza :) Thanks for letting me play :)
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. merci pour ces challenges toujours super

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovelly Dt work!!! Here is my little pirate girl for this fun challenge!!
    Hugs Lina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi all, got my entry in on time! Lovely creations as usual and super theme. The new cd looks scrumptious, still saving for the other ones and now this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful DT cards. The new CD will be on my budget list. Thanks for posting such wonderful challenges and for the chance to join in. Hope my card is according to the rules.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Monochromatic was fun. Thanks for the Challenge and what Awesome displays by the DT.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!