Friday 9 April 2010

Week 14 Challenge - Wedding Celebration

Hello lovely Doodlers, Nikky here, we all hope you had a fabulous Easter and thank goodness spring is on it's way! I've hijacked Kerry's post because I haven't had time to join in this week having been busy busy on a new CD which will be launched later this month and we finally had delivery of my new range of gorgeous Fairy Flutterfly stamps yesterday - the DT are DESPERATE to get their sticky mitts on these as am I (too busy to play, what's THAT all about?!) - no doubt the team will be using them on next week's challenge so if you want to join in, grab them while you can, they're only available from the Polkadoodles website together with loads of other new goodies! Right, handing over to Kerry now!x

Kerry here, setting this weeks challenge. I haven't had a wedding for years and now I have three in one year. My niece who was just a few weeks old at our wedding is getting married today (9th) and my friend tomorrow (10th) and my hubbys 2nd cousin in July. Good excuse for some new outfits.

Before we see all the lovely designs from our team, well done to our lucky top 3 who have won Challenge 12 - Nettie's sketch and colour theme.

First Place: Nikbee
Second Place: Aquarius
Third Place: Kerstin

Well done you you all, please contact Nikky for further details and to collect your blinkies.

So, I thinks it's obvious what challenge I'm going to set, yes it's a wedding card or project. The closing date is noon GMT on Sunday 18th April. Don't forget that you can only combine my challenge with 9 other challenges.

Stacey- I love this CD so much that I have pinched the title for my sentiment! more pics on my blog. This card will be for my next door neighbour who is getting married next month. The subtle grey and silver papers are just so elegant.



Kris - I was so excited when Kerry took this week's challenge and called for a wedding card. Like her, we have a niece getting married (only on the 17th of this month) and this gave me a great opportunity to get her card done. All of the backing papers are from Love & Cherish - Moonlight Collection. I think the black/white/silver looks so elegant. I added some die-cut hearts and an embossed sentiment.

Brenda - An easel card using papers and topper from Love and Romance CD - think must still be my favourite judging by how often I use it. The wedding cake topper is coloured with Promarkers and the borders Martha Stewart embossed heart.

Kerry - Here’s my card and it’s a little bit different for me, lots of little rose buds around the heart. The rose papers from the Love and Cherish CD were perfect for this card and printed out beautifully. I used my Cricut to cut out the layered hearts.

Nettie: I have used this cute couple from the Love and Cherish CD and coloured them in using my ProMarkers. I have used Lilac as my main colour for this one and gone for my favourite square shaped card.




Kate : I have used one of the toppers on the Love and Cherish cd for mine, the spotty backing paper was on the Back to Nature cd but it is usually beige. My printer is still printing in a wide range of colours other than what I want and it came out purple it matched perfectly with the shade of purple it printed the other embellishments! I think it would have looked just as nice in the beige tones I intended.
Claire - I have used one of the same Wedding cakes as Brenda - from Love & Cherish with papers from Paper Boutique, a little doodling with Sakura and some distressing with bronze inking to edges.
Dee - A simple card from me this week. I've used papers from the Love and Cherish CD. The top piece is printed onto iridescent white sparkle inkjet paper, and the polka dots and main image are printed onto vellum for a nice soft feel. I have highlighted the daisies and the little heart on the main image by embossing the back with a medium sized ball tool.

Fliss: My card this week is also quite a simple one using the Love & Cherish red heart and flourish papers and toppers. I just printed out a sheet to fold in half and create my card, then added a topper on a red paper mat and some more decoupaged hearts for dimension. I finished off with some pearls.

Ruth: I used the new Paper Boutique cd and printed the card base and tiny decoupage image onto 240gsm linen effect white card, layered up the image (although I cut off most of the really fiddly bits!) The shape of the card is based on I think a Robo template which I drew round, punched holes out and threaded organza ribbon through. And added a silver heart!
Krista- Using the Love and Cherish cd is always one of my favs...Thinking of my husband I always think of marriage as a union of love and the best of friends. This card was simple and sweet. The cake, background and flowers all used gorgeous papers from this cd.

Good luck and the deadline is Sunday 18th April at 12noon GMT!

..........

10 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for my first place. I'm very surprised.
    Fabulous DT cards.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners!!! I can't wait to get started on this wedding challenge as my best friend is getting married this fall! *Hugs*

    Journeys of a Cricut Lover...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi just come across your card challenges - loving it. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge hope mine will be ok?? its an engagement?? if not no probs. Gorgeous DT cards as always, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fab challenge and of course I love what the DT have done, even though I haven't a wedding to go to I just had to use my Love & Cherish CD and have ended up making 2 cards, will upload them to my blog later
    June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your challenge was perfectly timed for my wedding card need! Thank you! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    I've made my grandparents a wedding anniversary card and was delighted to see you have a wedding challenge.
    Have a blessed weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I must be the last one for this challenge, tried to keep up and now I'm behind. Hopefully the next one will be sooner,thanks again dt for the wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello PolkaDoodlers! Hope you all had a great week! I've linked with Mr. Linky but just in case my project can be found HERE!

    *Hugs, JennRo*
    Journeys of a Cricut Lover...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wedding Planners have exceptional communication skills, relentless attention to detail, strong instincts, strong leadership and personal style. You are being responsible for a very complicated event, full of people who will be too emotional and not necessarily sober. It takes a while 'to wit, as when he is kept under control, you must also ensure that everyone is happy (to the best of your ability, at least) and must all focus on the couple and their happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!