Friday 19 March 2010

Week 11 Challenge - Sketch & Theme

Yayy my turn this week!! It's so long since I set a challenge I've been really looking forward to this one and I have to say the Doodle Dollies have surpassed themselves this week, there's some awesome ideas on here! Not that there aren't every week of course!  First I need to mention that we're back on Create and Craft on 29th March and I will make sure I do demo's which are not inclined to go wrong this time, even though I know you all love laughing at me making a cockup, hey, if it makes you all smile tee hee...(note to self: walk away from the spinner cards Nikky)...
Also, you need to watch out for some absolutely lush new stuff from us here at Doodle Towers in the next few weeks, the girls (and me) are all dying to get their sticky mitts on some lush new stamps, just wish the manufacturers would pull their fingers out and hurry up but I've been promised they'll be in my inky fingers by Easter...

Our week 9 challenge was to use a stamp and wings and it looks like a lot of you liked this one! There was some beautiful entries and it was very hard to choose but the winners are...

In 3rd place...Juls
in joint 2nd place...Liz and Crafty Ness
and our first place is Zoe with her very cute dragon which we all loved to bits. Please email me for your blinkies and prize girls!

Ok so on with the show! This week I'm giving you a sketch. Now this got the girls in a bit of a dither but I think they thought it was more complicated than it was! You need to have 4 shapes and they have to interlock somehow - if this confuses you you can see from our samples some of the ways we did this. Also, just to throw a spanner in the works, you have to use Blue and Brown as well! This is one of my fave colour combo's. Here's the sketch...please remember to follow the challenge rules we hate it when we find a lovely card but you broke the rules so we can't count you in... : (


Week 11 Sketch

First of all, our March Guest Designer - Ju - who has used papers and elements from Back To Nature with a little additional doodling.
Enfys - I used Mr Twitty from the Paper Boutique CD (it looks as if he is a bit of a favourite with the team this week!), with papers from Back to Nature. I did some faux stitching - a posh way of saying that I was too lazy to wrestle with threading the machine, so I did a wobbly random straight stitch with the unthreaded machine, and joined up the dots with a fine tip brown pen. The circle is done with pinking shears Nestabilities, and the lettering is tiny alpha stickers


Lou: I have used papers from the boy's cake range on the "Paper Boutique" CD with the expection of the stackie flower! I made the lined paper by scanning in some lined paper (!) and then printing this design over my original printed paper. Flower made using layered scalloped circles from the same papers. This card was for my MIL from my hubby for Mother's Day.
Kris: Nikky gave us such a great sketch this week and I love brown and blue together so this is what I came up with. The printed papers and toppers are from the new Paper Boutique (vol 1) CD. I just typed the sentiment into one of the toppers and printed it! I've been looking for a way to use the Climbing Roses paper from Love & Cherish. I think the stencil look is just perfect for fussy cutting, popping and layering.
Brenda: I have used papers from the Mr Twitty section of the new Paper Boutique CD. Mr Twitty has been decoupaged and his eyes and glasses diamond glazed. The border is Martha Stewart arched lattice and the corner a Sizzix die. Claire Using the Not For Girls CD I have created a joy fold card with lots of opening bits to make up Nikki's fab sketch. Just with a little doodling to finish and a piece of string to keep it closed!

Stacey 3 weeks in and I am sure Nikky is trying to get rid of me with this challenge!!! I had to get a few thinking caps on and this is what I have come up with! I have used the Love and Cherish CD along with the Back to Nature CD. There are more pics and details on my blog!!!
Kerry - Sorry, I couldn't resist, I've made a Christmas card in March!! I love blue on Christmas cards, so when Nikky set the theme of blue and brown it was the first thing that popped in my mind. All the papers and elements come from Jingle Jangles CD plus a little glitter and silver string. At least I can say, I've started my Christmas cards :)
Nettie: There's nothing like a good sketch to get the brain ticking. I have used the new Paper Boutique CD for my inspiration!! I printed out brown and blue papers from the CD and also some shape templates. My Dad's birthday is not until June, but hey it's good to be organised.

Fliss: Bit of an ooops! here as I've used the same set from Paper Boutique as Brenda (not the first time this has happened as we both seem to like the same things lol). I made this card for my brother's birthday as Nikky's colours are perfect for a male card. I used the Mr Twitty decoupage set and one of the papers along with some of the matching embellishments. I used the tree and branch from the Back to Nature CD and one of the sentiments. The scalloped panel and the tree trunk and branch were embossed using the Cuttlebug distressed stripes folder to add texture.
Dee: I don't know how many times I changed my mind doing this challenge, but I eventually settled on one. I used backing papers from a couple of collections on the Paper Boutique Vol 1 CD, and the sentiment and the dog came from the Back to Nature CD. The main background paper I printed onto pale blue paper for a slightly different look, unfortunately it doesn't really show on the photo though. I layered the elements over each other then tied them all together with brown raffia.

Ruth: Looks like Nettie and I were working from the same craft table this week! I've also used papers and elements from Paper Boutique (I just can't get enough of this little car!) The ribbon is from the scrap store and it used to be upholstery edging!


And here is mine, something about it I just don't like but it was too late to change it again... I used papers from the Paper Boutique CD, the cake was made from the cupcake template on the CD and the toppers were also from the CD. I stamped a teeny weeny message on the tag and added a ribbon, stickles and of course used my MS punch (watch out as we are currently waiting for new MS stock to come in this next week!). My fave bit of this whole card is where I've fringed the stripey border with my scissors.

So there you go! Hope you enjoyed the samples from the Design Team and good luck if you decide to enter! Remember that you can link your Polkadoodle Challenge entry with 9 others - any more and we cannot consider you for one of our very special top three spots. Deadline for entries via Mr Linky is Sunday 28 March at 12noon GMT.


.....


8 comments:

  1. these are absolutley fab cards..think I will order one of those cd's!!

    fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't begin to express how beautiful your cards are. I would really like to come to all of your sites and comment, but I just can't find the time. But you are all very talented.

    TFS,

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, thank you soooooooo much for picking lil old me as number one!!!! I have tried emailing you for my blinkie but im not sure if you have got it!!!! Thank you soo much for picking me as the winner Im thrilled!!!
    Z0e x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. another fab challenge, the DT's cards as usual are stunning, the blue and brown combo in just fab.
    June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely samples once again. Really like the papers from the Not for the Girls CD shown here. Are you trying to bankrupt me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think I missed the deadline, but I made 2 cards using your sketch, maybe I'll get my act together next week, hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another great challenge! This one was a little difficult for me but I'm pleased with the end result. Hope you all like it! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge, wasn't sure I liked the blue/brown combination, but now I do! Thanks for the inspiration. Teri

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!