Friday 29 January 2010

Week 4 Challenge - Non Traditional Valentine

Hi, I'm Kerry and I've set the challenge this week and as it’s coming up to Valentines Day, it just had to be a Valentines card or project. But, I challenged the Design Team to use non-traditional colours, so no pink and red even though a little bit did sneak in.

So for this week, I challenge you to do the same. You have until noon on 7th February to enter. Please don't forget that the maximum number of challenges you can enter your card or project into is 10. If you're not sure of the rules for our challenges just take a peek in the sidebar. We'd love to see your creations, so create away.

The winners from Challenge 2 - the Love theme are:

First Place: Sharon
Second Place: Juls
Third Place: Jenny


Congratulations! Please email Nikky for further details and your blinkies!

Here is what our fab design team have created for the week 4 challenge, some with traditional hearts, flowers and ribbon and some really funny fun ones.


This is our last week with our Guest Designer Ruby - thank you for joining us during January - your creations were stunning! She made this wonderful heart shaped card using her own template and printed papers from the Heritage collection from Back to Nature. The heart silver mirri board was run through her Cuttlebug and used alphies! She machine stitched some new lace which was first pleated.






Kerry - I went for orange and black and just one paper from the Candy Doodles CD for the hearts. A touch of ribbon and a prima flower.



Brenda - Image and papers from the Elegance section of new Love and Romance CD, main image cut with nesties, inked with versamark and embossed with iridescent powder to glitz it up. Roses made with paper from same collection.


Ruth - And that is not red ribbon or card or heart - honest!! I did go with a black and white theme for Kerry's challenge but just could not resist the additional red - sorry! All papers are from Love and Cherish. The red heart is actually an earing! More details are on my blog!

Claire - I do sooooo love that Back to nature CD so I went for a fun Valentine with that oh! so cute owl. I used the neopolitan papers from back to nature and the flower patterns from Love and Cherish to create my blooms!


Kris: I've chosen to use Back to Nature also. This is my first attempt at using one of the shaped cards and hopefully I haven't been too irreverent! I changed up the horse stable a bit and made a double gate across the front. "VALENTINE" is made using one of the printable alphabets and the other words are computer-generated.

Dolly: I’ve gone for blue and green, with just a hint of pink, using a mix of CDs. The background papers are from Back To Nature and the cupcake stampie is from Love and Cherish.



Fliss: I decided to go for rich gold and yummy chocolate brown for my card and have used the gorgeous rose papers and some of the versatile cut out hearts from the latest Love and Cherish CD. I've used a Nestabilities flower shape and some embossing together with a simple stamped greeting for a really elegant look.



Nettie: I have opted for the more chilled colours this week, as we are going for Non Traditional colours. I have used the Back to Nature CD for my papers this week, the patterned paper is from the Hootin Trees collection and I have printed the Alphies onto this paper to spell Valentine.



You have until 12noon on Sunday 7 February to enter! Good luck!





12 comments:

  1. Wonderful creations! Kris' design is so AWESOME, lol! Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DT creations! Thanks for a great challenge.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great creativity from the DT! Thanks for the challenge and inspiration!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the no if, and's or butts, cute, cute.Lovin' your challenges, you gals make some pretty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creations ladies, especially Kris's thankyou for having me as a guest, great opportunity and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great challenge. I like being out of the box.
    What great cards and great inspiration. Come by
    Big Mamma's house and see my take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab challenge. Love the DT makes.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards DT and such a great challenge!

    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great insperation from the DT as usual.
    This is my entry

    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love doing this challenge this week really made me look through all my papers for a change.
    Loved what the DT did this week.
    Karen x x x x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!