Tuesday 2 September 2014

Wk 1 ...Digi Queens

Hello everyone! Well, welcome to a brand new Tuesday here at Polkadoodles and that means the start of a new era for us with a lipsmackingly talented new team to introduce to you - 

Yes we have recruited an awesome new team of people who are mega talented with colouring and love it with a passion and they're going to pop in every Tuesday and inspire us all with their fabulous inspiration. So - make sure you check in here with us every Tuesday morning for some colouring looooove!

In case you've had your head under the duvets this week we have had a HUGE partayy over at Kit and Clowder on the Facebook group and have an awesome colouring competition going on over there with goodies galore and free stuff - also as we are a sponsor you also get some fabulous discounts if you sign up for Alyce's amazing classes too, so make sure you head over on there and check it out - it's HERE if you don't know how to find it and if you don't do Facebook the Kit and Clowder page is here.

Remember to check out the Polkadoodles store where we have 1000's of products and great images for you - everything you see on this page is available either as a digistamp or a real stamp so make sure you get to the store and check them out...there's lots of new stuff in this week and we have THE most adorable new release later this week so keep your eyes open for that too!

So let's see what the Digi Queens have for us on their very first week - welcome to the team my Colouring Queens!....

Janine - good morning everyone and I'm so excited to share my my first post for the Polkadoodles new Design Team 'Digi Queens'. From all the wonderful digital stamps Nikky has drawn, I decided to use the uber cute digital stamp Amelia Braids.  For my card I printed her out several times, coloured her with alcohol markers and fussy cut her out, the cut out sections were then layered her up to give her added dimension. Can I say she was a dream to colour - all the lovely open areas made her easy to work with.  I use Polkadoodles digital papers and cardstock to create lots of mats and layers.  To finish off I added a little glitter and a few gems.


You can get Amelia Braids here...

Fi....Hi everyone, I so pleased to be sharing my first card with you here at Polka Doodles. So for my first card I decided to go with a Christmas card but I really couldn't decide which one to go with first as they are so darn cute however...eventually I have used "Hollybobs Snowballing"...isn't she such a cutie?? I coloured her with alcohol markers and did some shading with pencils....The papers are also from Polka Doodles...they are from the Christmas Joy Bundle which are so pretty!! I layered the papers onto blck cardstock and doodled around the edges.  I also added a piece of lace under one of the layers just for a bit of texture.  I punched 2 snowflakes and layered them together and then glittered them up...I added some pearl to finish...



You can catch our Snowballer here...

Pami - good morning everyone!  This is my first card for the Digi Queens and I am very excited to be here today.  For my first card I decided to use one of the gorgeous Hollybobs and this one is called Hollybobs Presents.  I coloured her with alcohol markers. I used digital papers from the Christmas Hollybobs range which are just beautiful.  I didn't want to cover up the paper much so I left it quite simple just adding some red pearls where the berries would be and a touch of glamour dust.  


Wrapping Pressies can be found here...

Tait - Morning Everyone. I am so excited to be here today with my first card for the Digi Queens. I have used the super cute Luna from the Pretty Sweet Girls collection. She has been coloured with Copic markers and the card was made using a collection of papers with inked and distressed edges. I have then used a bunch of flowers to finish off the card.
You can get Luna here (or get to Kit and Clowder ; ) 

Cara - Hi everyone its fab to be here for the very first post as part of the Digi Queens Team!
I decided to use one of the new revamped images Pretty Sweet images ... this is the adorable Amelia Contemplating. She reminds me so much of my daughter so I coloured her hair to match hers a sort of red/blonde using my Graph'it markers. I teamed her up with papers and a sentiment from the delicious Sugarplum Daisy CDrom.


You can find Amelia here: 

Nikky...I am really snowed under this week with lots of things going on - a new release, a Create and Craft TV show on Sunday and lots more so I didn't get chance to make a full card but I really wanted to join in this week. Over at Kit and Clowder Alyce has an awesome Polkadoodles colouring competition running so make sure you go and join in - you can actually get a freebie if you sign up! So here is my Luna, forgive the blurry photo taken badly, her face looks a bit ill! This is the image we're all colouring and the competition theme is funky hair...
My hands were a bit shaky when I did this as I'd been typing all day on the pooter but I quite like how she turned out in the end, bar the colouring outside of the lines which I had to correct when I'd finished lol!

You can get Luna here:

Wow - fabulous inspiration from the team and some great colouring ideas! I really love how everyone has brought great light and shade into their images!

Over at Digi Choosday challenge today we have some fabulous DISCOUNT CODES for you to grab so make sure you head over and join in and soak up loads more ideas from the Digi Choosday team!

We'll be back as usual on Friday with our Polkadoodles challenge so we'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!